domingo, 8 de febrero de 2009

INTERVIEWS!!!


Name: Carolina Zambrano-Abbott
Date: February 08, 2009





1. Could you please define Engineering in your own words?
A person who studies industrial productivity and makes and implements recommended changes. Industrial engineers seek an integrated system of workers, materials, and equipment utilizing the mathematical, physical, and social sciences.
These areas are combined with the principles and methods of engineering, the branch of engineering that deals with the creation and management of systems that integrate people and materials and energy in productive ways the synonym of industrial engineering is: industrial management.



2. What influenced you to pursue industrial engineering?
It has a great field of work; it’s interesting and relevant to the world.



3. Could you please describe the educational process required to become an Engineer?
Engineering it’s not an exact science. However, the person needs to learn about a great deal of courses that will teach him problem solving skills. For this reason you first go through the basic cycle in the career where you study mathematics, physics, research, design, to mention a few and above all have a lot of creativity.



4. What are the skills you need to be a good engineer?
Creativity and innovation it’s a big thing. A good engineer needs to be able to be an independent thinker, to have strong problem solving skills and be able to work well under pressure. Must be a good manager and have good people skills as well. He must be efficient in communicating with others and be able to multitask.



5. What job considerations are you looking for after you complete your education?
I am considering doing a Master’s on Occupational Health and Safety.



6. What's something of your school life that you enjoy the most?
I love the day to day challenges; I thrive on overachieving at everything that I do. It keeps me going to feel like I am getting up and doing my best everyday
.



7. From your perspective, what is the most difficult part of being an engineering student?
Working in teams with irresponsible classmates.



8. What are your plans for the future?
After I complete my Masters on Occupational Health and Safety, I will like to start my own consultant company.



9. Point out your most personally gratifying moment in engineering school.
Nurturing my mind by studying and learning new things. Making great grades in my courses after I have studied very hard and given my best.



10. Why would you recommend Engineering as a career?
I would recommend Engineering as a career to people who are dedicated and love to invent and discover. Also, engineering it’s a great field of work.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario